This is spicy, sweet rub is perfect to create a moist and delicious ham special enough for Sunday dinner or any holiday. It is zesty sweet and makes a nice bark on the outside of the ham.
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Put the ham, flat-side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour 1 inch water into the bottom of pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes per pound of ham.
- Mix Ham Rub with prepared with an equal part yellow mustard.
- At the last hour of baking, up the oven to 42
- Remove ham from oven, remove the foil, and pour half of the Ham Rub mixture over the ham and brush to coat. If the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated, add more Return ham to oven. Reapply remaining glazed after 30 minutes.
- When time is up, remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
brown sugar, cinnamon, ground mustard, onion powder, cloves, nutmeg, black pepper